Are you all patiently waiting for Windows 8? Well, some probably are waiting while others have installed the Release Preview. Although the Release Preview of Windows 8 is awesome, but still many application that might run properly in it, making full use of all the features that the metro interface has to offer, are missing. And the gaping hole among them is Microsoft’s own Office.
No longer! Microsoft has launched a Customer Preview edition of its latest Office version which they intend to ship with Windows 8.
This edition of Office is still in woks but is stable enough for most uses. Latest feature’s in this edition are:
- A fast and fluid interface that puts your most-important documents, applications and people right up front.
- Ability to view multiple email accounts, Facebook updates, and LinkedIn feeds all in one place with Outlook.
- Get ongoing updates on specific documents, sites and people delivered to your activity feed and stay connected in real-time by chatting with co-workers right within Office.
- Create, edit, and browse using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- Save your work online in SkyDrive or SharePoint automatically.
- Coming soon, with the full release, talk to anyone using Skype, including 60 minutes of free international calls every month to landlines in over 40 countries and to cell phones in 7 countries. (Skype account required. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers.)
Called Microsoft Office 365 Preview, this edition of Office is currently available for use for free for an indefinite trial period. Simply sign in with your Live.com or Hotmail.com account and download from the link below.