Were you all eagerly waiting for Windows 8? If yes, then you don’t have to wait more. Microsoft has officially released the developer preview version of Windows 8 during the BUILD developer conference. The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers, and thus is not suitable for those looking for stable or intending to run on production system, as the downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice.
The released Windows 8 Developer Preview has the build version of Windows 8.8102.0.WINMAIN_WIN8M3.110824-1030, or full build string for x86 edition of version 6.2 (Build 8102.101.x86fre.winmain_win8m3.110830-1739), or indicating it’s compiled and signed off on August 30th, 2011, and is still a build within M3 development brand. Meaning it’s pre-beta.
1. Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
Size: 3.6 GB
SHA-1 Hash: 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9
Direct Download Link: WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English.iso
Note: Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 64-bit PC.
2. Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)
Size: 2.8 GB
SHA-1 Hash: 4E0698BBABE01ED27582C9FC16AD21C4422913CC
Direct Download Link: WindowsDeveloperPreview-32bit-English.iso
Note: Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 32-bit PC
3. Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)
Size: 4.8 GB
SHA-1 Hash: 6FE9352FB59F6D0789AF35D1001BD4E4E81E42AF
Direct Download Link: WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English-Developer.iso
Note: All link are .iso images. You need to burn the image file to a dvd before running.
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch