We all use Microsoft Word to create documents. But there are certain documents that you dont want other people to access specially when you are on a shared computer in your company and you may have your certain secret data stored in your word document that should not be accessed by anyone. To deal with such a situation Microsoft word 2007 integrated a security feature in Microsoft word so that you can password protect your files.The procedure is quite simple . Just follow the following steps:
1. Click on the Microsoft Office Button present on the top left corner of the window.
2. Now Click on the Save As option
3. Now a new window will pop up.Click on Tools option at the bottom of the window.
4. Now you will two options. You can select either one or both the option.
5. One is Password To Open it will ask for the password every time the document is opened.
6. Second is Password To Modify it will ask for the password every time somebody tries to modify the document.
7. That’s it.
You can do the same with all Microsoft 2007 Software ie. with MS PowerPoint, MS Access, etc and set password in same manner as descripted above.